Annanda Organics offers Canadian Lion's Mane Mushroom in a Triple Extracted formula
Lion's Mane mushrooms are becoming increasingly popular for many reasons. As a choice edible in Chinese and Japanese for centuries Lion's Mane tastes great pan fried in butter or cooked on the barb-b-cue smothered in your favorite sauce. Lion's mane benefits or Hericium Erinaceum mushroom is also believed to have many health benefits as well. More and more medical research is being done to understand how Lion's Mane can help with several medical conditions that western medicine is still... left in the dark - pardon the pun :-)
Lion's Mane Benefits - Supporting Neurological Health
It is believed that Lion's Mane mushrooms can help with the development and function of nerves and that it can protect nerves from being damaged. This is of particular interest to medical science in there research to find a means of prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's, Parkinson Disease and multiple sclerosis which afflicts nearly 100 million people worldwide.1 Lion's Mane may help with dementia, anxiety, depression, memory loss and other cognitive issues in those aged 65 and up.
“Hericium erinaceus is one of the well-established medicinal mushrooms for neuronal health. It has been documented for its regenerative capability in peripheral nerves.”
Lion's Mane Benefits - Antioxidant
Considered a member of the medical mushroom family, Lions Mane is also known to be a powerful antioxidant 2 and considered in the use of both natural and nutraceuticals and one of the top functional foods.
Lion's mane mushrooms are also a natural anti-inflammatory that helps protect the mucus membrane of the stomach which may help improve symptoms of gastritis or stomach ulcers. 3
Lion's mane extract may help prevent the growth of H.pylori 4 and also be more effective at preventing alcohol induces stomach ulcers than traditional acid-lowering drugs and without any side affects. 5
Lion's Mane Mushroom Extract for Health
Lion's Mane mushroom benefits are a boon to our health. Annanda Organics offers a Triple Extraction of Lion's Mane mushroom that provides maximum benefit from this amazing mushroom by combining three different extraction methods.
No human studies have examined the side effects of Lion's Mane mushroom or its extract but Lion's Mane is considered to be safe. No adverse reactions have been found even at high doses over a three month period. 6
Anyone who is sensitive to mushrooms should avoid taking Lion's Mane.
Learn more about Lion's Mane and other Medicinal Mushrooms at www.Annandachaga.com
1. Lion's Mane, Hericium erinaceus and Tiger Milk, Lignosus rhinocerotis (Higher Basidiomycetes) Medicinal Mushrooms Stimulate Neurite Outgrowth in Dissociated Cells of Brain, Spinal Cord, and Retina: An In Vitro Study.
2. Antioxidant and Anti-Osteoporotic Activities of Aromatic Compounds and Sterols from Hericium erinaceum
3. Lion's Mane, Hericium erinaceus and Tiger Milk, Lignosus rhinocerotis (Higher Basidiomycetes) Medicinal Mushrooms Stimulate Neurite Outgrowth in Dissociated Cells of Brain, Spinal Cord, and Retina: An In Vitro Study.
4. Anti-Gastric Ulcer Activity of Polysaccharide Fraction Isolated from Mycelium Culture of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Higher Basidiomycetes).
5. Gastroprotective Effects of Lion's Mane Mushroom Hericium erinaceus (Bull.:Fr.) Pers. (Aphyllophoromycetideae) Extract against Ethanol-Induced Ulcer in Rats.
6. Evaluation of the toxicological safety of erinacine A-enriched Hericium erinaceus in a 28-day oral feeding study in Sprague-Dawley rats.
7. Hericium erinaceum (yamabushitake) extract-induced acute respiratory distress syndrome monitored by serum surfactant proteins.
8. Occupational allergic contact dermatitis from the mushroom White Pom Pom (Hericium erinaceum).