How to Make Chaga Tea
The following directions on how to make chaga tea are suitable for preparing Annanda Chaga Mushroom tea and Annanda Chaga ImmuniTea products.
Refer to the Annanda Chaga Mushroom Grind Selector page for brewing tips and to help Choose your Grind and brewing method that is best for you.
How to make a Cup of chaga Tea
- Add 1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) of Annanda Chaga Mushroom Tea, powder or fine powder per 6oz cup of boiled hot water and steep 10-20 min or to taste
- Annanda Chaga Mushroom can be kept inside a fine mesh tea ball or muslin bag for re-use and convenience
- Re-use Chaga by adding more hot water for a second cup or until Chaga is exhausted (water runs clear)
Making Chaga Tea - Stove Top Method
- Add 1 tablespoons of Annanda Chaga Mushroom Tea, Powder Fine Powder or 13.5g of Annanda Chaga Mushroom Chunks per Litre of water and simmer on med to med/low heat for 3 to 5 hours to make a tonic.
- Chaga can be kept inside a tea ball or muslin bag for convenience and re-use.
- Temperature should be maintained around 80 Celsius / 176 Fahrenheit for best results. Do Not Boil.
- Serve hot or let cool to room temperature then refrigerate for up to 14 days. Can be enjoyed cold or reheated on the stove top.
- Store used Chaga Mushroom tea granules in the freezer and reuse 3 to 5 times until exhausted or water runs clear.
- Used Chaga Mushroom granules can be incorporated into smoothies, sauces or stews.
How to prepare chaga - Slow Cooker Method
- Add 1 tablespoon of Annanda Chaga Mushroom Tea, Powder, Fine Powder or 13.5g of Annanda Chaga Mushroom Chunks per Litre of water into a slow cooker and set on low or warm for 6 to 12 hours.
- Store brewed tea in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Enjoy cold or reheat the brewed tea on the stove top.
- Optionally, the slow cooker may be left on for longer periods allowing the tea to continue to brew, adding more fresh water as necessary.
- Monitor your results, as slow cooker temperatures and their settings may vary with different models. To avoid mushroom tea from reaching a heavy boil, remove or adjust the lid on the slow cooker so that higher temperatures above 80 Celsius are avoided.
Enjoy Annanda Chaga Mushroom Tea or Annanda Chaga ImmuniTea hot or cold. Sweeten to taste as desired. Birch syrup, maple syrup or honey is recommended!
Dosages and Side Effects of Chaga Mushrooms
Medicinal Mushroom chaga tea can be considered a tonic and enjoyed daily for maintenance of good health. Lean more about proper dosages and side effects prior to use here.
Chaga mushroom shelf life
Annanda chaga mushroom products have a 2 year shelf life. Look for the Lot# and expiration date on the package. Chaga should be stored in an airtight container away from direct sunlight to maintain freshness.
Toll Free 1-855-552-4242