Chaga Mushroom Capsules are convenient but do they offer any medicinal benefits? Don't get trapped by a quick fix or 'Instant' results. Finds out why most Chaga Capsules are Fake.
There is a lot of hype and marketing about Chaga in capsule form and ‘extracted’ Chaga powder. Such products are manufactured by companies who are taking advantage of the growing popularity of chaga and attempt to appeal to our programmed need for an easy method to take this ancient natural medicine. In our opinion Chaga and other medicinal mushrooms are the antithesis of pharmaceuticals and are an alternative to ‘pill’s or altered forms of medicine.
It’s a fact, Chaga must be extracted first before our bodies can absorb Chaga's nutrients and healing properties. Traditionally this has been done with low temperature hot water extraction or alcohol to preserve the medicinal qualities.
High temperatures or processing Chaga Mushroom destroys most of the medicinal benefits and renders many enzymes like Superoxide Dismutase useless by altering its bio-electrical charge which prohibits our body's ability to work with and absorb any benefits.
Learn more about the bio-availability of medicinal mushroom supplements.
Chaga Extract Power & Instant Chaga - How they're Made
- Chaga is boiled at high temperatures for 3 to 4 hours
- Resulting liquid is evaporated into a dry powder in hot air ovens for 72-90 hours
- Resulting extracted ‘Powder’ is then packaged and/or then freeze dried
- Minimum batch size for mass production is 30,000 liters
- Most freeze dried Instant chaga is manufactured in Korea
- Nutritional statements of 2%-4% Betulin and/or 40% Mushroom polysaccharides are acceptable industry standard claims and not a result of any actual product testing
Chaga in capsule or instant form is indeed easier to take, however most of the benefits are destroyed during the manufacturing process. Chaga, like most natural forest medicines must be taken in its raw unaltered form to heal us. As an herbal decoction or ‘tea’ chaga should be steeped at 80c or below or extracted with pure grade alcohol specifically designed for herbal extractions.
It’s up to each of us to take responsibility for our own health; part of the process of self healing requires us to deal with the truth both within us and the 'truth' surrounding those we choose to seek assistance from.